About the Course:
The course is designed to equip the students with the necessary skills to excel in the various domains of Biotechnology ranging from the research and development to bioprocess engineering.
The curriculum involves exposure to various segments of the domain and appreciation of the rapidly growing technology in the field.
Students are encouraged to further their expertise in various affiliated domains such as IPR and biosafety as well as hands-on experience in tools and techniques via extensive practical experiments.
Students are encouraged and assisted to earn projects, grants and fellowships. Assistance to join internships in the relevant industries is provided to ensure the students are industry-ready.
- Affiliated to Bangalore University
- Recognised by Government of Karnataka
To increase the employability skills of the students, Equip the students with relevant professional skills and guiding them towards a successful career.
The department strives to build a long-lasting network with industry.
In addition to the individual counselling, students will be trained in resume writing, group discussion skills, interview skills, drafting job applications, providing up to date employment trends, career information so that the students will face the interview with utmost confidence.
Placement services are provided to all graduate and postgraduate students. Working in close coordination with major industrial houses, the division ensures that outstanding students are absorbed into relevant industries as soon as they complete their studies and obtain their degrees.
The department assists graduating students in securing positions in reputed national and multinational companies.
- B.Sc. with any Life Science subject securing 50% marks in all the three optional subjected in aggregate.
- B.Sc., Biotechnology/B.Sc., Biotechnology (integrated) with 50% marks in aggregate
- B.Sc., (Honours) in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology or Biology with 50% marks in aggregate
- Bachelor in Agricultural Sciences, Dairy Sciences, Horticulture, Forestry, Fisheries, Pharmacy, BE (Biotechnology), Medicine, Dental, and Agriculture Engineering with minimum 50% marks in aggregate